Sunday 13 May 2012

Origins Clean Energy oil cleanser

Thought I would start off this blog with the best one first! Origins Clean Energy cleansing oil.

Here it is -


I have heard talk about oils for a while now, they've been hailed as the new best product for just about everything. I had never actually heard about a CLEANSING oil though. Mainly moisurising oils, serum-type products. So I was intrigued to hear about this.

Word on the street is that oil is the best mode of removing make up as it literally dissolves it. There are many different types of oil but this particular one contains Olive Oil, Sunflower, Sesame and Safflower Oils; Kukui Nut Oil and Macadamia Oil; and Vitamin E. Phew!

First of all there are a few cleansing oils about at the moment and let me tell you they are EXPENSIVE. This is one of the cheapest but don't let that put you off. It's unreasonable to pay the prices some of those guys are asking....

So! Gonna set the precedent for all my blog posts with immediately outlining the LIKES and DISLIKES. We'll get the bad stuff out of the way first, as there are only 2 bad points for me -

DISLIKES
There is no pump. This may not sound like a big problem but pouring oil out is a messy task, and it's slippery of course! You can buy a pump (which I think is a bit unfair, that you have to pay even MORE just to get this basic feature but nvm), otherwise you have to get used to the mess.

I touched upon the price already but I have to say, even though it is the one of the cheaper options, £17 for a cleanser does feel a lot to me. They do say you get what you pay for though, and I have to agree, which brings me onto my...

LIKES
The stuff is ace! There is no denying it, it's the best cleanser I have ever used. It leaves my face squeaky clean and so silky smooth, it's gorg.

It's au naturel. None of the nasty crap goes into it that some facial products have. Origins is an all natural company which I like.

It is also an eye-make up remover! I cannot believe I can use the same product for my face AND my eyes. It works fantastically on both.

You only need a TINY amount. This bottle is going to last me for months and months, so it's such great value if you do actually break it down.

It works! My skin looks and feels lovely! I was previously a shoddy cleanser, I just used anything but as I've got older (27 eeek) I realise I do need to make an effort. Now....

APPLICATION
I pour a small amount (and I mean small, this stuff goes a long way) into a tiny glass container (think the size of a thimble) and then dip my finger in and apply to my face. I have found this to be the easier way than pourng it straight onto my hands, as it drips everywhere!!

You need to massage it in, then apply a small amount of warm water to your face and massage again. The water magically turns the oil into a kind of milky lotion, which I then remove with damp cotton wool pads. You can do this, or splash it off with more water, or use a cleansing cloth. I chose this option as I find it to be the easiest personally.

That is it! Not too much of a hassle, certainly a tad more effort than sweeping a baby wipe over your face but it is soooo worth it.

Anyone else tried this cleanser, what do you think?

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment