Monday 14 May 2012

Can't live withouts! Nails

I want to start by pointing out that I have actually got long, strong nails naturally so I don't actually need false nails. However, I always think they just look NICER than natural nails, neater and more linear.

Right, my can't-live-without-nails are called Finishing Touches (french manicure) and they are exclusively at Superdrug. I have tried and failed to find a picture online for you to see, bizarrely they appear to be invisible on the internet as I can't even find any to BUY online! I get mine in store, which is clearly the only way to do it (annoyingly).


This is a picture of my nails as they are now, but the pattern is a nail wrap I bought. I just wanted to show you the length of the nails, this is the length I prefer. The short look feels pointless to me.

These nails last a hell of a long time in my opinion. I put these on a week and 4 days ago and not one of them has popped off. They also fit really well, they seem to slot right onto my nails and there are a LOT of size options provided so there is something for everyone.

They also have a handly little applicator which you use to hold the nail and place on.

Before application I trim my nails as low as they can go, remove any polish, and buff the surface of the nail lightly with a grit file. This is one of the important steps to ensure the nails stay on.

Then I apply the glue DIRECTLY to the natural nail (not the false nail), press the nail down and hold for about 30 seconds. Repeat for all nails.

I know you can't see what the nails actually look like under the wraps (sorry) but in the absence of finding any images online, I will just have to wait until I buy my next lot.

These nails cost around £6-7 which to me isn't too bad.

Can anyone recommend any other good nail brands?

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment