Thursday 17 May 2012

Elegant Touch Classic French Nails - American Girl Pink

So, I had a nail emergency - I suddenly got called for an interview and couldn't get down to a Superdrug to get my favourite nails (see previous blog). I decided to do a next day delivery online, and purchased Elegant Touch Classic French nails, in medium (American Girl Pink). They were around £6.50.


A few things to mention - the first being these are NOT pink. I am struggling to understand their reasons for calling these nails American Girl Pink, as the main nail colour is actually a very natural looking peach.

The second thing is that these nails are actually fairly long, although they are classed as a medium length nail. They're not super long, so if that's what you like then continue to buy ones that are marketed long. However, I feel they are a tad longer than usual medium ones.

Right! Here we go.

LIKES
As I just mentioned, they are actually fairly natural looking. A friend commented to me that if she didn't know they were false she never would have guessed.

Again as I just mentioned, they are a pretty good length, which was a plus point for me. However, that is all relative and you may not WANT them to be longer.

This is what they look like on -



DISLIKES
ONE day after I put them on, this happened -



I don't expect nails to be popping off after 24 hours, especially not when I am fastidious with my application. The Superdrug's own lasted well over a week, Elegant Touch is supposed to be a "better" brand. Hmmm.

Also, the edges of some of the nails were really jaggy! I think you can kind of see in one of the pics. So I actually kept hurting myself with them....not good.

They are VERY thin. This means that they don't actually feel very sturdy, and I think that put me off straight away. It also means they are quite transparent, so you could see the natural nail underneath, AND any glue marks etc.

After TWO days of having them on, this happened


Sorry for the crap picture. It cracked! Quite considerably! Now I never do anything particularly strenous so I cannot imagine how my nail had actually split.....very disappointing!

APPLICATION
I did the same as I do with all my false nails - buff the nail surface (there is a buffer provided with these nails but I found it to be a bit pants to be honest, and used my own grit file for a bit more clout) and apply nail glue to the entire surface of the NATURAL nail.

Once I applied the nails I found they slipped a tad in the first few seconds, so be careful not to knock the position. The glue seemed ok, although with a nail popping off within 24 hours I'm not so sure. The glue itself has a handy screw top, which is quite helpful.

The blurb recommends holding each nail on for 5 seconds - I do it for 30 each nail. I do not find 5 seconds enough. 

All in all, I have to say I don't think I will be buying these again. I will remain loyal to my Finishing Touches nails and make sure I have plenty in stock in future!
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment